Thursday, December 18, 2008

Purpose for the Pain. Renee's Story.

One of my favorite non-for profits out there is To Write Love on Her Arms. I always get teary eyed when I read their VISION. It is so amazingly powerful!

TWLOHA was a movement that started in Central Florida. A group of friends got together to help a girl named Renee who could not afford treatment for addiction. Today, TWLOHA is an international movement that helps people struggling with addiction, depression, self-injury, sexual abuse, suicidal thoughts, etc.

Here is a video of Renee today, sharing her story and making a difference in the lives of others.



Renee has also published her journals in a book called Purpose for the Pain by Renee Yohe (warning: book contains mature/graphic content part of Renee's journey from "from addiction to sobriety and pain to hope.")

May Renee's story, my story and the story of others that have recovered from addiction, eating disorders, self-injury and abuse and moved "from addiction to sobriety and from pain to hope" give you peace, strength and confidence that recovery is possible for YOU!

peace, hope and love,

Lily

2 comments:

jaime said...

I JUST got this book in the mail yesterday! (along with some other TWLOHA goodies!!). I saw this video, too. amazing.

hope all is well - have a good holiday!

Lily said...

Hi Jaime!
Let me know what you think about the book! I LOVE TWLOHA too!!!

I have been wanting a T-Shirt for the longest time. Will get one soon :-)

Hope you are having a happy and healthy holiday season :-)

Lilty