Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Easter Message and The Fortune Cookie















Now is the time to try something new.

~ The fortune cookie at Stir Crazy

The other day I blogged about how sometimes I have a hard time blogging and that I should blog/write from my experiences. So here I go, this weekend I went to Stir Crazy and to Church so I will blog about Stir Crazy and Church :-)

I don't believe in fortune cookies, luck, karma or anything like that...but I LOVED the challenge in this fortune cookie I got at Stir Crazy in Pembroke Pines.

This weekend, at my church, we celebrated Easter. Pastor Troy talked about how, in order to expect miracles (change, transformation, in our lives, our health, our relationships, our finances, our recovery, etc) we have to take action, take steps towards X, Y, Z, believe it is possible, and God will engage, things will happen. Sometimes we put ourselves and God in a box and ask/define/expect for the one way we think things should work out....and since we are so intent in expecting things to turn out in that one way, we might be missing the small, unexpected miracles, blessings, and opportunities that may be right in front of our eyes...

Somewhere along the line, something happened and our hope for a healthy, full, balanced life life just faded away, and we buried it a long with our dreams...Easter is a great reminder of many things . It is and important part of my faith. One of those reminders, which I thought was very cool and I wanted to share was that it is possible for us to resurrect our hope, our dreams...what we thought one day our life could be...it is not too late!

Be willing to expect the unexpected, and after all you have gone through, you might realize that even though your life might not turn out just how you expected it to be and life knocks you off your feet...when you eventually get back up, even though things are different, you will probably end up in a better place than where you used to be....

Peace, Hope and Love,

Lily

No comments: