Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It won't work so why try it?


I have lived in Florida for 14 plus years. I have worked for most of those 14 years and have had to commute in the awful Florida traffic. Many people I know, over the years, have often suggested that I try books on cd. I always dismissed it, saying "I won't like it!", "I'll hate it", "It won't work!", "It works for others but not for me", "why even try?"


...
so many times I said that to others and to myself, that I actually completely believed it and accepted it as fact. I was totally convinced that it would not work out.

So about a month ago, someone gave me a book on cd, and guess what? I loved it. Not just the book but the whole experience of it. I have gone through several books on cd during the last month, and I am really enjoying my commute now.

So this got me thinking...What else have I not tried because I have convinced myself it won't work out....without even trying? Is it possible that I am missing out on something good? I can think of a couple things I want to try. How about you?

peace, hope and love,

Lily

No comments: