Thursday, February 12, 2009

On Letting Go

Why is it so hard to let go of old habits, behaviors, people, places and things? I am not completely sure but in my case it's usually because the following thoughts have crossed my mind: I am not good enough, I can't do it, I don't deserve any better, I don't like change, I do not know what is on the other side, I don't want to fail at something else, I don't want to get hurt again....

Sound familiar? What if the opposite were true?

I am good enough.

I can do it.

I deserve better.

I can learn to accept change as a part of life.

I can take small risks.

It is ok if I make mistakes. I will not fail but will also not succeed if I don't try.

I can learn to accept that getting hurt is a part of life and I can learn healthy ways for coping with pain.

I can learn new healthy habits, behaviors and open up to new opportunities and people in my life if I have the courage to let go of what does not work anymore.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Questions for today: What is something you need to let go of (old habits, behaviors, people, places and things) in order to stay on the road to recovery? Can you do it on your own? Is there someone that can help you accomplish your goal?

peace, hope and love,

Lily

No comments: