Saturday, February 21, 2009

Anonymous Letter to ED

Hi All,
Here is the Anonymous letter to ED that Sarah Rainer read as a closing at our last support group meeting. It is one of the most beautiful and powerful letters to ED I have ever read. My prayer for you is that, one day, you will be ready to say good bye to ED and never call his name again.

We'll miss you Sarah and are so thankful that you will be starting ANAD in Palm Beach County.

*******************************
Dear ED,

In a world full of color and surprises, you blinded my vision with lies. You told me I wasn’t good enough. You promised me the best, and gave me the worst. Years of my life you stole from me, engulfed in food and numbness. You took my heart and my hair and left me empty and alone. You isolated me from the ones who loved me the most. You tried to kill me. My family and friends were devastated; you tried to destroy them too. How evil and sick could you be to turn one’s strengths into weaknesses, and life into death. You kept me trapped, suffocated, lifeless. You showed me the golden cage, which became darkness as soon as I stepped inside. You were not my friend.

I want you to know I have taken what you did and turned it into something good. I have grown stronger and more powerful. I have removed the sunglasses and experienced the world. I have taken my empty body and filled it with life. I now live the life Christ created for me. I see through all your lies and have counteracted them with truth. I have exposed you for what you truly are. At one point I thought I liked you, but now I realize I love myself even more. Good bye ED. I will not look back, nor will I ever call your name. I am no longer your slave.

- Me

*******************************

No comments: