Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Passes


"Time Passes. Even when it seems impossible."
~ Bella Swan in New Moon by Stephenie Meyer




I really liked that quote....it got me thinking.....

Time passes, whether we want to or not, whether we realize it or not.

Time helps pain fade, but the ultimate choice whether we overcome our difficulties, our past, our suffering, or remain stuck in a place where we do not want to be (physically, emotionally, cognitively) is up to US, not the hands of the clock.

If I am being completely honest with you, I have realized during the last couple of days that all time knows how to do is pass by, but it is my choice to do what I have to do, to take care of me and move on.

In some areas of my life, all I have done it let time pass. I have put feelings away, pretending they are not there and for the most part trust they will go away without doing much about them.

How about you? Are you letting time pass without doing anything about your situation? Don't get me wrong, take the time to grieve, it is ok to be sad for a while, but don't stay there....Ask for help, make a plan, do something about it....Move on.

This post is as much for you, reader, as it is for me.

peace, hope and love,

Lily

No comments: