Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ABCs - Being Thankful









It is good to get back to the ABCs (the basics), to what we know works, if we see that we are not going in the right direction in recovery.

One of the things that has helped me when I am feeling down is writing down what I am thankful for. So I can focus on what works, what I have, versus what I do not have. Being thankful is one of my ABCs.

Here is my list of things I am thankful for / things I enjoy (in ABC order)...

American Idol
Season, and Amazon.com

Brother (Victor and my sister in law Flora), Broward ANAD Support Group, Books, Blogging, and Blokbuster Video

Cheerios, Christmas in Arizona, Chamomile Tea and CNN

Dogs (my dog Mugsy)

Eating Disorder Recovery

Family, Friends, Faith, Forgiveness, Flowers and Flamingo Road Church (love you all !!)

God and Google

Hugs, Honda Civic (my new fuel efficient car) and Harry Potter

iTunes, iPod, iMac and iTrip

Journey - (the good and the bad has made me who I am today), Jamba Juice and Jeans

Kipling Bags

Libraries and Love

Movie Theaters
and Music

Nephews (my baby nephew Jonah and my Nephew Alec)

Overcoming Obstacles

Parents (mom Lilian and Dad Victor), Pillows, comfortable Pajamas, Positive Thinking

Q - not being perfect - I can’t think of something that starts with Q!!! :-)

Rest and Relaxation

Second chances, my Support System (thanks so much!), Shopping Malls, and Sea World

Today (Psalm 118:24)

US Citizenship

Vacations and Venezuela

What Happy People Know by Dan Baker PhD

X-Rays (2nd set) and other tests that, in 1997, revealed it was a really bad case of pneumonia and not the big C.

You! reading my blog right now! and Yoga

Zzzzzzzz ( a good night sleep)

************************************
What is one thing you are thankful for? One thing you enjoy doing? What is one of your ABCs (something you know works that can help get you back on track?)

peace, hope and love,

Lily

2 comments:

jaime said...

hey Lily! It's Jaime! Great post!

Lily said...

Thanks so much Jaime! I wish you the best this summer!

Stay in touch.

Lily :-)