Sunday, April 18, 2010

Do You See What I See?

I've been resisting wearing my glasses for the longest time even though I know I am continuing to hurt my vision. 

 

This is what the world looks like to me through my right eye. 

 

With both eyes open, I can still compensate and see more or less ok but with A LOT of straining.

 

 

 

 

 

This past week I had to renew my drivers license. It's been years since I had to do a vision test at the DMV. This is how my vision test went down:

DMV Employee: read the letters in line five please. 

Me: A C D X Y (looking through the test thingie)

DMV Employee: read the letters on the right as well

Me: What do you mean there's letters on the right ? 

***after putting on my glasses*** - 

Me: Oh, there they are! D G T U C

DMV Employee: You are getting a restricted license today (for corrective lenses)

Me: :-(

-------

This got me thinking. I have neglected my eyesight for so long. Even though I know better, I have been engaging in a behavior that is hurting my health. This week i realized that my bad choice is also a safety concern for others. If I don't wear my glasses when I am driving, I can get a traffic citation, I could hurt myself and/or someone else. I could eventually get my license suspended. I have no choice now.

I still have a choice whether or not to wear my glasses while I am NOT driving. That choice is still up to me. I am going to make the right choice. I am wearing my glasses from now own.

 

Are there any healthy choices you can make for yourself before it is too late...while they are still up to you?

No comments: