Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recession Reflections Part I

I have a very long commute to work every day. I listen to the radio on my way there and back. In the afternoon, I usually catch The Ellen Degeneres Show.

Yesterday, Ellen interviewed MC Hammer and I absolutely LOVED his response to her question of appreciating life more when you have lost "everything"....

Here is the beginning of the interview, and also the video (she asks the question 2 minutes and 10 seconds into the interview). He also sends a message to those hurting in this current economic crisis (at minute 3:58 of interview)

...I think his words apply to getting through tough times and, in life, we all go through them...

Ellen:
So life is good for you now, you would say?

MC Hammer: I would say it's excellent, yes, pretty good...

Ellen: ...and do you appreciate now the fall? I mean, I had the same situation happen to me, I don't know about the same degree but I think you can really appreciate life more when you have.....when you lose everything....

Check out Hammer Time's response in the video below.....



Thanks "Hammer Time" for those words of wisdom and thank you Ellen for the thoughtful compassionate question that brought about this response....It came at a perfect time for me and it is giving me strength as I see the effects of recession so close to me and to many....

Next time you are faced with the question, possibility or thought that you have lost or may lose everything, think of MC's words....

peace, hope and love,

Lily

No comments: