Monday, March 9, 2009

Lesson from Baby Jonah

Every now and then I post about my baby nephew Jonah. Here is a video of him practicing sounds and one of his first words. These are Jonah's first steps in learning to communicate. He practices every day. Jonah's first sounds and words got me thinking.....

In recovery, we also learn to "use our words" again. We learn how to say "yes" when we want to say "yes", "no" when we want to say "no". We learn how to express our feelings using words and actions instead of using eating disorder behaviors. We learn to become assertive instead of passive and or aggressive.

Are you practicing using your words/your voice to express yourself today?

Here is Jonah practicing.....



peace, hope and love,

Lily

2 comments:

jaime said...

oh my gosh. Jonah is ADORABLE. I could watch that video all day - as I'm sure you could, too. :) He is such a CUTIE!!!

Lily said...

Hi Jaime,
So great to hear from you!! Yes, I have played his video more times that I can say! He is sooooo cute!!!! It is so amazing to see him learning and growing so much. I don't get to see him often since he lives far away so these videos are always a treat and I learn so much from him :-)

Hope all is well with you.

Lily