Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Battle Within

I missed Spiderman 3 when it came out in theaters several months back. Can't wait til it comes out on video. I remembered it being called The Battle Within...and the title always reminded me of the battles that used to go on inside my head between me and Ed (eating disorder voice). When I hit rock bottom and was in the worst of the disease I even had to stop working. Even though I was not working, I would be exhausted at the end of the day. It was of course, because I was malnourished but also because of the battle within...(kinda like Spidey in this picture)...

I have learned that most times it is not my circumstances, what is going on in my life that makes me happy or unhappy, it is what I say to myself about what happens that determines my attitude/mindset/reaction...it was such a powerful realization to come to, one of those AHA! moments...

Well, have a great Saturday. It is cloudy here in my side of the world. Looks like it is going to rain (kinda like Spidey in the picture)....I am going to curl up with a book and also watch one of my new favorite shows "The Dog Whisperer" on the National Geographic channel...

See you on Sunday August 26th, 2007 at 7:00 PM for our support group meeting.

Remember, we always have a choice, even though it might just be a choice of attitude and what a powerful choice that is to have!

Peace, Hope and Love,

Lily

No comments: