Thursday, August 9, 2007

Write to Apple Regarding Apple's New iMac Campaign

Hi All,

Let me start by saying that I am a big Apple fan. However, I am very disapointed with their marketing campaign for the new iMac.

Click on the picture to the left of this post and take a look at their new campaign. Just in case you can't see the picture, the ad says: "You can't be too thin. Or too powerful." Do you see a problem with that statement? I am sure you do, but apparently Apple did not. Last week I called Apple at 1-800-MyApple and sent them feedback via this link http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html . The link is sometimes not opperational, so before you click on "Send us your feedback" make sure to save your letter somewhere else just in case.

I called 1-800-MyApple to express my concern. "Robert" the customer relations representative that I spoke to said the ad was referring to "the computer world" not "people", and I told him that the ad did not say "Computers", it said "You". "Robert" said he would log my concern in the system and asked that I please send feedback in writing via the link above.

Will it make a difference if we email/call? I think so. It is important to educate and create awareness not only by educating the people we do life with but also large corporations such as these. Apple has amazing power and influence not only in the United States but around the world. Even if they choose not to take this ad down, hopefully they will be more aware/educated and informed and their next ad campaign will be a positive one...

If you'd rather contact them via regular mail, their corporate mailing address is:

1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014
408.996.1010

Peace, Hope and Love,

Lily

2 comments:

Counseling, Consulting, and Coaching said...

I sent an email to Apple to educate them on eating disorders and how this type of campaign can impact so many people in such a negative way.
Keep writing those letters. We are the ones that need to educate corporate America.
Lisa

Lily said...

Thank you so much Lisa! ANAD emailed me back and said their media department will addesss this campaign. It is serious and demands immediate attention. Turns out Hersheys used a similar one in the past and ANAD addressed it.

My jaw just dropped when I received the advertisement for the iMac via email yesterday with that slogan. I just thought...who knows how many people (of all ages!) received that message in their inboxes yesterday!!

Thanks for making a difference.

Lily