Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Children We Once Were...A Reminder from Baby Jonah

Hi all,

So last Thursday I became the proud auntie of this beautiful baby boy!!!!! His name is Jonah. It's been a longer time for some of us, but...isn't it hard to believe we were all babies once? This just reminds me of something I learned from one of our group members a couple of sessions ago...

M. told this really cool story. She carried a picture of herself as a little girl in her wallet and when she was having a hard time taking care of/nurturing herself, she would look at the picture of herself from when she was a little girl and do whatever it was she needed to do to stay healthy… for the little girl she once was. Even taking the little girl by the hand to take her to the supermarket to buy her food…it was pretty touching….really grabbed my heart….

Next time you are having a hard time taking care of yourself, and struggling with food, if you can't do it for you, try doing it for the child you once were...

See you this Sunday (7:00PM) at our usual meeting place Flamingo Road Church. Room 127.

Peace, Hope and Love,

Lily

PS: Welcome to the world baby Jonah! This post is for you...thanks for the great reminder!

2 comments:

Counseling, Consulting, and Coaching said...

MAZOL TOV, Congrats, enjoy aunthood!!!!
I added ANAD to my links..I am learning! Lisa

Lily said...

Thanks Lisa! Hey,I just added Tools and Skills for Life blog to our links as well!

Lily :-)