Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Free to Choose

Here is another great Ralph Marston quote/piece called Free to Choose. I highlighted my favorite line from it in bold print below. For me, getting this and living it was and is a big part of my recovery and my everyday life.

Our future does not have to be an extension of our past.

Remember that every passing moment brings with it the opportunity of a new beginning...

See you all this Sunday at 7:00PM!!!

Peace, Hope and Love,

~ Lily

Free to Choose

You do not have to keep making the same mistakes. You can choose to change.

You do not have to keep being held back by the same fears and insecurities. You have the ability to move forward if you wish.

There is no good reason why you must settle for anything less than the very best that life has to offer. Anything is possible when you put your full commitment and the energy of your life into it.
The past has brought you to where you are, yet it has no power to hold you back. In each moment, you are free to choose your own direction.

Reach within yourself and connect with a guiding purpose that you know is right for you. Allow yourself to fully be the unique and beautiful person you are meant to be.

This day, this moment is a blank canvas upon which you are now able to paint. Fill it with the magnificent splendor that you know is yours to give.

-- Ralph Marston

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this. We all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect (except G-d) .
Every day is a new day. It is ultimately up to me to live in the day, or live in my disease. Today, I choose to live in the day. I love my life, cherish every minute. The past is the past, and so I choose to leave it there. The future looks so bright, I can barely see, therefore, I choose to live in today, and live with love, because that seems to work the best for me.

Lily said...

Hi Jenny!
Thank you so much for such an inspiring post! This reminds me of a couple of years ago in therapy, I would come in all upset over making a mistake and my therapist used to say "Oh! I am sorry,I didn't know I was talking to G-d!!" (like I thought I was never going to make a mistake), so she would make me smile and then we would start to process whatever had happened.

We missed you and Lauren this weekend. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Tell Lauren I say hi! :-)

Lily