Sunday, March 11, 2007

Doing Life Together and The Treasure Within

We just had our 6th meeting tonight. It was so great to see all of the faces from last week and to welcome some new friends into our group. I wanted to acknowledge all of you again for taking an active role in your recovery, and for your willingness to not only help yourself but to encourage others by sharing your story and/or also listening to the stories shared.

I told someone I really admire about the support group (Troy Gramling from FRC) and he emailed me something I thought was so true and so awesome: "It is so important to have people to do life with who have been where we are..."

As promised, below is the The Treasure Within, that we used to close the group tonight, since I read it from my blackberry (smile). Nikki, thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Have a great two weeks everyone! See you on Sunday March 25th, 2007 at 7:00PM. I will post more before then. Remember, if you need us, we are just a blog, and email or a phone call away.

Peace, Hope and Love,

Lily


The Treasure Within

You are the person you choose to be. So choose to be the person who fulfills and brings to life the values you hold most dearly.

Today is your opportunity to express yourself to the world through the life you live and the actions you take. The challenges of this moment provide a rich canvas upon which you can paint the highest vision you have.

Listen to the yearnings of your heart and keep pointing yourself in their direction. By focusing on what is truly meaningful, you will cause much real value and richness to spring forth from the life you live.

Choose to glide right past the shallow concerns that hold so many people back. Keep your eye on the big picture, and create new positive substance as each moment passes.

Go beyond merely appearing to be happy, and dive into the authentic joy of making a positive difference. Give the best that you have to life, and you'll find each day to be even more fulfilling than the last.

There is a treasure within you that is yearning to weave itself into the fabric of life. Go ahead and let it come shining through.

-- Ralph Marston

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to see all of you last night and to see the sense of unity that is developing among you. I think that "Resolve" is a great tool all of us can ue to move forward in our lives and in the recovery process. Over the next few weeks, I hope that all of you will keep in mind how you can use resolve as a way to support your recovery, stand up to your eating disorder, and enjoy your life! I look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.

Anonymous said...

PS.. the anonymous comment is from Nikki. I'm still learning how to do this blog thing.

Lily said...

Hi all,
It's Lily. Shoshana posted an awesome comment towards the bottom of the blog page, and I wanted to post it here to make sure everyone gets a chance to read it. Thanks so much Shoshana!

See below:

Anonymous said...

shoshana said...

Thanks to everyone who shared at last nights meeting, I got a lot out of it. I really enjoyed hearing the stories of empowerment and getting encouragment. One of the greatest thing, for me, in recovery is feeling the good and bad and not being completely numb. I still can't believe that recovery can help you resolve so much . I truly never knew how exciting it could be until I started, and now that I have I don't want to stop. It helps to hear all of your stories and experiences b/c it builds my determination for recovery. ps. I too really respect Troy Gramling, any time i hear him speak I receive wisdom I can easily use in my life! Have a great week.

3/12/2007 03:11:00 PM

Anonymous said...

hi everyone!
thanks lily for the blog instructions....i thought i had it at this point! i'm looking forward to our next meeting..i will be there! this was my last out of state trip!! i did resolve that issue!!!
i love the topic of resolve...when i think of resolve i think of making a decision or fixing something..i think i resolve to stick to my program every day..although i don't know if it's fixing, deciding or determination.. maybe all 3!

have a great week...
jayne

my new favorite quote..
"breathe in, breathe out, move on"..

Anonymous said...

like nikki, i am also "anonymous"! i still can't figure out why my blog username won't work!!
but i'm still workin' on it!
jayne

Nikki said...

Ok..I'm not sure if this worked so this is a test to see if my blog shows my name

Lily said...

Shoshana - your post was so powerful! Wow! Super! Awesome!
Yes, recovery can be awesome, and it is the first step in what can become an incredible journey of self-discovery, personal growth, and a happy, full, purposeful and meaningful life...You go girl!! :-)
It is so woth commiting to recovery...I heard the other day (also from Troy G.) that "it is on the other side of commitment where we find the true freedom and adventure/joy of life..."

Lily

Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oops! I accidentally deleted my last post...here I go again..

Hi Jayne!
YES Jayne! Cool! Those were the words we used at the meeting!! We talked about resolve in terms of determination. At our previous meeting, we also talked about the importance of the choices we make every day(decisions) in our recovery journey.

The word fix also came up at our last meeting...and I was thinking...fix sounds like somethng you do to what is broken...how about instead of fixing ourselves, being transformed into who we have the ability to be by changing the way we think...!!

I love your new quote by the way! Thanks for emailing it to me the other day...it came at the perfect time, on the perfect day!

Lily

Anonymous said...

Thanks for article!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read articles like this. Thanks to author!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting article, I have long sought. It is in front of me. I agree with you!