Saturday, June 6, 2009

Accepting We Need Extra Help


So this week I had an EMG (Electromyography) done on my left arm. It is a diagnostic test to determine nerve and muscle function. It was like a small-scale-mini-torture session. Not painful for the most part, just really, really uncomfortable repeated electric shocks and needles. Ouch!!

I was putting off going to the doctor because I thought I would get better on my own.



I also purchased a brace today after putting it off for days.

I kept thinking my injury would go away by itself, so why invest the time and money in doing something about it.

It's been almost a month and I am still not better so I finally had to accept that I am going to need extra help to get better.

How about you, have you been trying to do recovery alone and it is not working? Is it time to ask someone you trust for help?

peace, hope and love,

Lily

2 comments:

Counseling, Consulting, and Coaching said...

This is perfect for people struggling with any issue. We were not put on this planet alone. It is very difficult to ask for help or take out time for self...but it is necessary. As always a brillant post. PTC

Lily said...

Thanks so much PTC. Glad you liked the post. Thanks for all you do to make a difference in the lives of others!

Lily :-)
Broward ANAD