Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Only Reason

So I am a big American Idol fan. Here goes my second American Idol post of the season. My favorites this season are Adam, Danny and Kris. There is another contestant that, though not in the competition anymore, is sure to do great things.

Michael Sarver was voted off last week. Driving to work several days ago, I heard an interview of him on The Today Show. As soon as I heard his response, I knew I wanted to share it with you all.

Here it is:

Anne Curry: You're moving into a new world.... Where do you think it is going to take you?

Michael: There's no limitations. I believe the only reason that I can't succeed at "this thing" is if I quit, and since I am not a quitter, I should be ok.

**********************

So what is "this thing" for you? Is it getting through your meal plan today? Is it taking sobriety maybe one hour at a time for now? Is it change coming your way whether you were expecting it or not?

Next time you are going through a rough time, think of Michael's words. Thanks for your words of courage Michael. Best wishes in your career and in everything you do!!!

peace, hope and love,

Lily

No comments: