Saturday, October 18, 2008

YES IT'S FOR YOU!!!!

So this Saturday I had the opportunity to serve/volunteer/make a difference at my church with a really cool group of girls for a special project. Here we are in a pic (you can click on pics to make them bigger):
from left to right: Lily (me), Barby, Janis, Heather, Ann Marie, and Kristin

I learned lots today, but there was one unexpected lesson that I wanted to share with you from this weekend.

Here is the story and the lesson that came with it:

Thursday night, I get an email from my bloggin bud Heather from church and her blog Lead(Her)ship . Her email was sent to several people asking for help serving on a special project.

My first thoughts were: Heather must've sent me the email by accident!!!!! She must've meant to send it to a different Lily on her mailing list!!!!!! I don't know enough to participate, I couldn't possibly help!!! This couldn't have been meant for me!!!! I must email Heather so she will know to re-send the email to the right Lily...!

So I emailed Heather and I get this email back saying
YES, IT'S FOR YOU!!!! in big caps. :-)

There was someone else in the group (Kristin) that received the email invitation for the first time and had the same initial reaction I did (pic: Lily, Heather, Kristin).

So this is what I learned:

How many times are opportunities & possibilities available to us and we convince ourselves, before even trying, that they are not for us?

How many times have we said to ourselves that we do not deserve or will never have:
- Freedom from eating disorders
- Freedom from anxiety and depression
- A healthy, loving relationship/family
- A new beginning
- A second chance
- X, Y, Z

Next time you think (like Kristin and I thought this Thursday) that you "got the email by accident", remember Heather's words in caps:
YES, IT'S FOR YOU!!!! You can be happy, you can be free, you can live the life you were meant to live. You can do it! Trust and believe when G-d, your family and friends, your professional support system, see the potential in you and speak into your life: YES, IT'S FOR YOU!!!!

Thanks for the reminder Heather, it was heaven-sent and thanks for the awesome opportunity to serve this weekend and for introducing me to such a cool group of gals (Barby, Janis, Ann and Kristin).

Recovery is possible! Peace, hope and love,

Lily

5 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

WOW! what a great thing that I just learned from reading about YOUR experience. It was so refreshing to swing by here today. Your story, your words, your experience renewed me. Thx, girl. I look fwd to you getting more emails from me AND you replying "YES!" to them. Love your leadHership, on so many levels. Grateful, Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Lilly, Thanks so much for blogging about our experience yesterday. I had such a great time and feel so honored to have met such wonderful people. It felt great to be a part of something of such impact. I look forward to hanging with you and the leadHership team. I have thanked God so many times for that e-mail that YES, was meant for ME and YOU!!!! (I've thanked Heather quite a few times also!)
Have a good one and see you soon!
Kristin

Lily said...

Hey Heather and Kristin - Thanks so much for stopping by!

Heather - looking forward to more emails and Yeses :-) Thanks so much for the "YES IT'S FOR YOU" lesson you shared with Kristin and I and for the opportunity.

Kristin - I also look forward to hanging with you and the leadHership team. Thanks for sharing your YES story this Saturday. It gave me the idea for this post.

peace, hope and love,

Lily

BZ Ward said...

Lily,hi! Enjoyed that post, and the positive lesson in it! Keep up the encouragement for everyone. You can never be too encouraging :).
More good things wait ahead!

Lily said...

Hi Barby - Thanks for stopping by and for your feedback on the post. It was great to meet you. I placed your blog on my blogroll. Love your blog!

Lily :-)