Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Train Station and The Windmill Stairs

Hi All,
I spent 10 days in Europe recently and had the opportunity to visit Spain and The Netherlands. Here are two pictures that got me thinking...

This first one is inside the Memorial to the 3/1/04 terrorist attack at the Atocha train station in Madrid, Spain. It is an empty room, completely sound proof, with blue walls and a clear white cylinder that goes up to the street, filled with messages left by visitors in the days after the tragedy. It is very touching.



It made me think...despite the suffering, the emptiness and the silence that might surround us, there is always a way out...



This second picture is of a set of stairs inside a windmill in the village of Kinderdijk in The Netherlands.

Have you ever felt like you are on the edge? Like just one more step will take you back to a place where you should not be? If you find your recovery challenged and are on the edge, please remember to reach out to your support system and what you know works before you fall...

peace, hope and love,

Lily

2 comments:

jaime said...

awesome pictures, Lily! I LOVE the one in the blue room!! I hope your trip was great. And I definitely can relate to your comments on each picture....
keep up the great work!

Lily said...

thanks Jaime! The trip was great. The blue room was one of my favorite places of the whole trip...it was beautiful and powerful in its simplicity!

I wasn't thinking of using them for the blog when I took them...but as I was going through the pictures when I returned, these two just popped out at me!

thanks for stopping by!

Lily