Saturday, October 17, 2009

Reminder for Today












I receive a daily email from Hazelden.org called Today's Gift. Here is a recent one that I really liked.

"In my new life, I sometimes feel a lack of excitement. I might miss the old adrenaline rush I used to get during a crisis. Even though I didn't like being in a crisis, the feeling I had in my body became familiar to me.

I can find new activities or interests that feel exhilarating but that aren't harmful to me or others. It could be the excitement of enjoying a carnival ride, winning a race, playing a party game with friends, learning a new hobby or craft, or watching a suspenseful movie. These are just some things I might do to give my life some excitement without creating a crisis.

When I feel like something is missing, I will try to pinpoint what it is and think about filling the emptiness with something that's good for me."

source: Time to Break Free by Judith R. Smith

*******************

Reminder for Today: When I am willing to leave behind unhealthy behaviors and activities, I have to incorporate healthy behaviors and activities to take their place.

Peace, hope and love,

Lily

No comments: