Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thought for the Day

"It's only a thought and a thought can be changed.

I am not limited by any past thinking. I choose my thoughts with care. I constantly have new insights and new ways of looking at my world. I am willing to change and grow."

~ Louise Hay

**********************
If you attended out last group of the year, you probably remember the holiday cards Nikki and I gave out to all of the attendees that night. Each holiday card had a power thought card inside. We gave them out randomly. The one I got, had the quote above by Louise Hay.

Language and thoughts are so incredibly powerful, I always say this, cause I so believe it. We have to re-learn how to talk to ourselves about ourselves, and make peace with who we are and who we are not...We have to learn how to let go of negative thinking, and create a healthy story of our lives that we can live into.

Like Dan Baker PhD says in his book What Happy People Know, we can't change our past. What happened to us will always be what happened to us. But we can change what we make our past mean to us. Moments of pain and struggle can become our greatest sources of wisdom.

It is our choice, and what a powerful choice it is to have!

peace, hope and love,

Lily

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey Lily! This reminds me of a quote by Maya Angelou that I absolutely LOVE:

"I can be changed by what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it."

Lily said...

Awesome quote Jaime! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing :-) I am going to post it on the main page and give you credit for it. Thanks again!

Lily
ANAD Broward County Chapter