Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Walking in Someone Else's Shoes



Greetings everybody!

Can you believe it is 2007 already? Seems like the holidays flew by. We will be having our 2nd official ANAD meeting on Sunday, January 14th, 2007 at Flamingo Road Church in Volunteer Central (room 127). Check earlier posts for directions to FRC.


Several days after our first meeting, my mom had an accident. She fell in the garage from 3 feet high. It was very scary. She was not fractured which is amazing. I wanted to share one thing that happened while I was taking care of her after the fall. The first night after the fall, she was so sore and in so much pain. I really felt for her. Her blood pressure was low, she was dehidrated and she had not eaten. I was so concerned because she had not wanted to eat, and kept insisting that she eat something. I was so worried and all of a sudden I understood, what my mom must have felt like when I used to not want to eat. The following day she started eating normally. It was just one night and I was soooooo worried for her and soooooo concerned...and I just thought wow!! She had to watch me skip meals for several years, not just one night... she must have worried so much...
Just a thought, next time someone you love shows concern and/or asks that you eat, the choice is up to you, and you might not be ready, but before you get upset at them....just remember that they love you, care about you, and try to imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes...It happened to me this holiday season with my mom, just for one night (one meal), and it was an eye opening experience...


Hope to see you on Sunday!


Peace, hope and love,


Lily

2 comments:

timjayne2 said...

hi eveyone,

o.k..so i just tried to blog, and i lost it! i don't know what i did wrong, but i'm doing it again.
i'm trying, really, to break out of this blog-a-phobia.
first off, i want to thank everyone for last sundays meeting. willingness was a perfect topic. it makes me realize that i actually have to do something for myself rather than avoidance or denial.
my company left today and i am getting back to my regular everyday life. my biggest challange is the evening, so, you might just see my blogs in the p.m..
i wish you all a good 2 weeks and if i can get this blogging thing down, i'll be back!
jayne

Lily said...

Hi Jayne!
It is Lily. Thank you so much for your comment. You were doing nothing wrong. I just realized that your comment was sent to me for approval before being posted. I just approved it. I am going to try to fix that feature so responses will be more automatic...

Yes, I agree, the topic of willing ness was awesome! It brought out some great conversations of courage, hope and resolve. It made me remember how important it is to take an active role in our recovery!!!!!

Great reminder question to ask ourselves often. What are we willing to do in order to stay in the path towards recovery? What are we willing to let go? What are we willing to do in order to have a life that is full, healthy, happy and with purpose? It is definitely worth being willing, it takes some courage but it is sooooooo worth it!!!!!!! :-) I am so happy now that I am healthy and so glad I took the risk to be willing and get better. It has opened the doors to many wonderful people, places, things and opportunities, and I have the honor now of partnering with wonderful people like all of you!!!!!

Way to be willing and determined to stick to your goal of blogging by the way!! Sorry it took a bit to post. I am going to work on the delayed posting issue now!!!!

I look forward to seeing you in our next meeting!!!!!

Peace, Hope and Love,

Lily